The Black Cat farm booth at the Boulder Farmers’ Market will include the following Summer produce on August 24, 2013:
- Baby fennel
- Chinese collard greens
- Cucumbers (Mandurian and Shintokiwa, and D’Borane)
- Mesclun mix of baby lettuces
- Perpetual spinach
- Red and green Swiss chard
- String beans (Golden Rocky, Green Crop, Masai, Royal Burgundy)
- Storage onions, loose and in 5-pound bags
- Summer squash
Non-produce items available will consist of chicken and turkey eggs, pork pate and terrine, smoked bacon, and assorted Mulefoot pork cuts.
The Black Cat farm Summer squash plants are slowing production. Summer squash will only be available today and at the next market (August 31st). Thereafter, you can satisfy your Summer squash fix at the Black Cat Farm-Table-Bistro and Bramble and Hare restaurants.
New to the market
Fresh salsify is making its market debut. There will be only a small amount available.